Wellness - Personal Trainer
Winston Family YMCA
Jacksonville, Florida 32202
Job Description and Requirements
Works directly with members who seek small group or individual fitness attention to achieve their wellness goals. Assists new members with basic fitness program design and wellness information.
1. Works to improving the health and well-being of the community the YMCA serves.
2. Improves member safety and enjoyment.
3. Generates personal training revenue through cutting edge individual and small-group training sessions.
4. Encourages member interaction.
5. Provides hands-on wellness services including orientations, fitness assessments, post-rehabilitation and adaptive wellness.
6. Develops small-group interaction through planned and spontaneous programming.
7. Ensures the cleanliness of facilities and equipment.
8. Actively participates in the Strong Kids campaign.
NOTE: This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
YMCA Competencies (Leader):
Community: Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs.
Inclusion: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions.
Relationships: Builds rapport and relates well to others.
Self-Development: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance.
1. Required certifications: CPR, First Aid, AED
2. Nationally recognized accredited personal training certification from approved YMCA list upon hire.
3. YMCA Healthy Lifestyles certification within 60 days of hire (available through Leadership University).
4. Wellness 101 within 60 days of hire (available through Leadership University).
1. Acceptable eyesight (with or without correction).
2. Acceptable hearing (with or without correction).
3. Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
4. Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
**Opening in mornings required*
Winston Family YMCA
[posted Jan 10, 2018]
When responding to this opportunity, reference exercisejobs.com.