Schertz Family YMCA
Schertz, Texas 78154
Job Description and Requirements
Under the direction of the Wellness Director, the Wellness Coach will assist members to attain their wellness potential through programs approved by the YMCA of Greater San Antonio. The position will be instrumental in helping the member set goals, both long and short term and develop self-management
skills consistent with sustained health behavior change. This position must perform program responsibilities in accordance with the policies, goals and mission set forth by the YMCA of Greater San Antonio.
1. Track assigned members' individual performance and take appropriate action to motivate members to continue their YMCA membership and exercise adherence.
2. Contribute to the development and maintenance of a positive, safe and nurturing environment.
3. Follow strength training and nutritional guidelines of the YMCA of the USA.
4. Attend appropriate and required training classes offered by the YMCA of San Antonio.
5. Promote the "YMCA Story" with all involved in the program.
6. Monitor all areas of the wellness center, including group exercise studios, free weight, cardio, and select machine areas.
7. Maintain clean centers and help to monitor cleaning maintenance crew.
8. Follow accident reporting procedures and policies.
9. Follow systems, practices, and training related to risk management and safety of participants and staff.
10. Submit key indicator data as needed to supervisor and perform other duties to achieve group and personal goals.
11. Clean equipment as directed by supervisor.
12. Seek to learn members' names and welcome them personally.
13. Attend all required staff meetings, both departmental and branch/assoc. level.
14. Be a team player and assist co-workers in other departments when needed.
15. Teach, promote and practice the five YMCA Character Development Values.
16. Perform team assignments associated with the Annual Partners campaign.
17. Maintain certifications by meeting continuing education requirements (YMCA certifications require 15 CECâs every 3 years) and keep current with trends in the field/industry.
18. Refrain from diagnosing injuries, offering medical advice and dispensing or endorsing any and all commercial health products especially nutritional supplements, vitamins, performance enhancing substances and pain relievers.
19. Be actively engaged with members on the wellness floor and in group exercise classes. This includes talking with, assisting, demonstrating and enhancing their YMCA experience.
20. Other duties as assigned.
Schertz Family YMCA
[posted Apr 12, 2018]
When responding to this opportunity, reference exercisejobs.com.