Job: Wellness Coach
Sanders Buckhead YMCA
Atlanta, Georgia 30327
Job Description and Requirements
- Carry out daily program tasks related directly to the position's scope and responsibility.
- Stay updated on current issues regarding wellness programs.
- Promote, monitor, evaluate, and ensure that all wellness programs run smoothly with a high level of service to participants.
- Attend THE COACH APPROACHÂ® Advanced Training upon completion of THE COACH APPROACHÂ® Initial Training.
- Participate in one group exercise class within six months of hire date.
- Maintain branch and association certifications in BLS, Emergency O-2 Administration, and in any other certifications and/or training required by the Metro Atlanta YMCA.
- Maintain all wellness certifications by meeting continuing education requirements.
YMCA Health & Well-Being certifications require 10 CECs every two (2) years from YMCA/ACE continuing education courses or other courses provided by/approved by national organizations, which are recognized by Y of the USA, e.g., ACE, ACSM, AFAA, NASM, NSCA, etc. per yexchange.org.
- Secure his/her own substitute coach in a timely manner if he/she is unable to work an assigned shift. The substitute request must be accepted and approved before the coach is relieved of responsibility for the shift.
- Lead youth programming that includes running program, Kid's Triathlon training program, and teen wellness initiatives
- Attend all required staff meetings and trainings, including facility or equipment orientations prior to working on the wellness floor.
- Assist as needed in all aspects of the YMCA and its community.
- Participate in and partner with wellness cabinet activities.
- Responsible for maintaining and reporting incident/accident paperwork.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree preferred in exercise science, physical education, exercise psychology, behavioral science, or a health-related field.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must obtain/maintain full access to Y-Exchange (yexchange.org), to the Metro Atlanta YMCA YISE account (yise.ymcaatlanta.com), and to the Metro Atlanta YMCA Workday account: (https://www.myworkday.com/wday/authgwy/ymcaatlanta/login.htmld).
- Must obtain YMCA/ACE online certification and supplemental courses required by YUSA and Y-Metro Atlanta within 60 days of hire date.
- Must attend Wellness Coaching 101 Specialty Training within 60 days of hire date.
- Must maintain certifications by uploading continuing education credits via Y-Exchange (yexchange.org) prior to date of expiration.
- Must possess current Basic Life Support/AED and Emergency O-2 Administration certifications and renew them annually prior to date of expiration. Updated licenses shall be uploaded via Y-Exchange (yexchange.org).
- Knowledge of general weight-lifting and health/wellness concepts and the ability to demonstrate use of wellness-related equipment.
- Must be knowledgeable about fitness-related issues including but not limited to aerobic vs. anaerobic exercise, nutrition, benefits of exercise, injury-prevention, and THE COACH APPROACHÂ®.
- Must have 3 months as wellness coach level II
- Must possess visual and cognitive abilities to utilize computer-based and written materials to administer all job-related responsibilities.
- Must possess a high degree of human relations skills, must be able to facilitate member interaction and socialization, and should be considered a team player by members, co-workers and management staff.
- Must attend THE COACH APPROACHÂ® Initial Training within six months of hire date.
- Working knowledge of computers: MS Word, MS Excel, database management.
- Exemplify YMCA ideals and leadership qualities.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, to work independently, and to problem-solve.
- Possess effective time-management skills.
- Possess strong customer service skills and personal commitment to service and hospitality.
- Pass a criminal background and drug-screening check.
Sanders Buckhead YMCA
[posted Jul 12, 2018]
When responding to this opportunity, reference exercisejobs.com.