Job: Wellness & Sports Program Director
Wellness & Sports Program Director
Camarillo Family YMCA
Camarillo, California 93012
Job Description and Requirements
The Wellness & Sports Program Director of the Camarillo Family YMCA, a branch of the Channel Islands YMCA, is responsible for implementing the mission of the YMCA through the administration of the following programs; Adult and Youth Wellness, PE Programs & Adult & Youth Sports.
A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college
High quality of human relations and communication skills
Ability to work with a diverse population
Staff supervision skills
Strong organizational skills
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing
Must be committed to the YMCA Mission and philosophy
Exemplifies Character Counts! Values of responsibility, trustworthiness, caring, fairness, and citizenship
Must have the physical, visual and auditory ability to perform the essential duties of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
First Aid, CPR, and AED Certifications
May require walking, driving, light lifting, stooping, crouching, bending, sitting, pushing, & kneeling.
Fingerprints will be taken upon commencement of employment and results will be submitted to the Association Human Resources Department.
1. Responsible for the development, implementation and corrective action of assigned budget/departments
2. Responsible for monthly variance reports of assigned budget/departments. Reports due to the executive director by the 9th or 10th of every month.
3. Responsible for achieving revenue and expense targets for assigned budget
4. Review departments Accounts Receiveable bi-weekly and take immediate corrective action
5. Run weekly status and schedule reports and report revenue growth or shortcomings to the Executive Director every Wednesday with necessary corrective action if any.
6. Create new youth sports leagues and youth wellness classes and adult sport leagues to generate additional revenue.
7. Purchase necessary supplies within the designated budget to ensure well run programs.
8. Implement appropriate fee collection services for all program areas to ensure all payments are made in a timely manner and within written budget guidelines.
9. Implement and create personal training packages, healthy living challenges and member retention activities as it relates to Adult Wellness
1. Recruit the necessary volunteers needed to ensure quality, well run youth sports leagues/programs.
2. Ensure that every youth sports team has a minimum of a volunteer coach, assistant coach, and team parent.
3. Serve as staff officer to the Program Committee.
4. Attend monthly board meetings
1. Serve as a Team Leader in the TEAMS division for the Annual Campaign for Youth & Families.
2. Recruit a minimum of 20 volunteers to serve as campaigners to ensure achievement of dollar goal.
3. Assist with annual Campaign Training.
4. Meet Annual Campaign Team Goal.
1. Directly supervise Group Exercise Coordinator, Wellness Center Lead, sports officials, PE Staff, and youth wellness staff. Coordinate all existing youth sports, youth wellness, and adult sports leagues, which include establishing and tracking all program registration, developing program structure, calendaring each season for one year at a time, and implementing the programs
2. Responsible for the recruitment training, supervision, evaluations and annual reviews of staff in program areas listed above.
3. Responsible for developing annual training plan for self and department staff according to YMCA training model.
4. Ensure that all staff adhere to Association and Branch policies and procedures with special attention paid to HR requirements.
5. Attend bi-weekly branch management staff meetings
6. Attend monthly Program Management Team Meetings for Healthy Lifestyles, if Coordinator cannot attend as well as the sports PMT. Give leadership when appropriate
7. Review and evaluate the enrollment, services, operation and member satisfaction of responsible programs and utilize the results to improve the program if necessary
8. Empathetically listen and communicate for understanding. Build relationships to create small communities. Provide staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support. Build and nurture strategic collaborations within the community
1. Ensure that department procedures are followed for Wellness, Sports & PE
2. Assist Group Exercise Coordinator in the planning and implementation of new, innovated wellness programs.
3. Utilize expertise in conducting instructional skills clinics for participants and volunteer coaches or providing high quality outside sources to do so.
4. Build direct relations with public school district, charter schools & private schools within service area to add youth inter-mural sports leagues for additional revenue as well as additional PE programs on multiple school campuses.
5. Maintain High Staff morale and Low Staff turnover
6. Ensure that all supervised staff requiring certifications have them on file at all times.
7. Conduct staff meetings at least quarterly
8. Manage employee schedules, payroll, substitutions and coverage as needed.
9. Ensure that program evaluations measure quality satisfaction & are followed. Share results are with supervisor and appropriate committee.
10. Ensure that internal and external promotion guidelines are followed.
11. Establish and maintain an effective communication and information system with members and program participants for the wellness center, group exercise, youth wellness, and sports classes and leagues. Communicate effectively with the Member Service Staff and Membership Director.
1. Ensure that group exercise studio, community room, and gymnasium are inviting and well maintained.
2. Weekly inspections of fitness equipment for cleanliness and safety hazards.
3. Ensure that preventative maintenance and repairs are done regularly for assigned areas, including ordering parts or service as needed.
4. Serve as Director on Duty one evening per week as well as at least one weekend per month on-call.
Channel Islands YMCA reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises.
$21.00 - $23.00
Camarillo Family YMCA
[posted Oct 3, 2018]
When responding to this opportunity, reference exercisejobs.com.