Job: Physical Therapy Asst
Physical Therapy Asst
Woodbury, New York 11797
Job Description and Requirements
Assists in administering physical therapy care programs; monitors and communicates patientâs progress to Physical Therapist and other medical/ allied health personnel. Maintains medical records for each patient.
1. Administers direct patient care in accordance with the written and signed prescription of the referring physician or other State authorized practitioner, as directed.
2. Submits required documentation in accordance with the policies and procedures of the department. Maintains progress notes and discharge summaries of assigned patients.
3. Responds appropriately to established department emergency procedures for patient safety and care when necessary
4. Participates in quality improvement chart reviews and activities.
5. May attend family meetings/conferences pertaining to the welfare and management of assigned patients.
6. Performs related duties, as required
Associate's Degree as a Physical Therapy Assistant from an accredited college, required.
Must be currently certified and registered as Physical Therapy Assistant in New York State.
Must have a valid permit and become certified and registered within one (1) year of employment.
Previous hospital/rehabilitation center experience preferred.
[posted Oct 2, 2018]
When responding to this opportunity, reference exercisejobs.com.