Job: Personal Trainer
Taylor Bend Family YMCA
Chesapeake, Virginia 23321
Job Description and Requirements
The Personal Trainer will provide one-one-one supervision and instruction to members using the Wellness Centers. The Personal Trainer is responsible for assisting the Family Center in membership development and retention through quality instruction and continuous follow-up.
1. Provide quality member service.
2. Seek out opportunities to create "Magical Moments" for our members.
3. Pro-actively help all members and at all times smile and be courteous.
4. Uphold the YMCA image standards and code of conduct.
5. Proactively market yourself to members to secure new personal training sessions.
6. Educate YMCA members about exercise principles, nutrition basics and other wellness
and fitness related topics, in alignment with YMCA teachings and best practices.
7. Engage in the members' workouts and provide constructive feedback to maximize wellness and fitness gains.
8. Conduct baseline fitness assessments on YMCA members as appropriate.
9. Use Listen First skills to assist YMCA members in determining their long and short term wellness goals.
10. Provide encouragement to members to help them meet their wellness goals and continue with their programs.
11. Adhere to all YMCA policies and guidelines.
12. Wear appropriate YMCA Personal Trainer uniform: shirt and name tag.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y's values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person's point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Hold a current Personal Training Certification from a Nationally recognized organization. Must have knowledge of strength/freeweight and cardiovascular equipment, general strength training principles, appropriate exercise modifications for special populations and basic nutrition. YMCA certificates to include: YMCA Healthy Lifestyle Principles, YMCA Foundations of Strength and Conditioning (recommended); CPR/First Aid/AED/O2.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
1. May be required to walk, stand, kneel, and stoop.
2. Continuous operations requiring attention to detail and multi-tasking.
3. Must be able to lift, pull and move up to 100 pounds.
4. Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time.
5. Must be physically able to successfully complete required certifications.
Taylor Bend Family YMCA
[posted Jul 26, 2018]
When responding to this opportunity, reference exercisejobs.com.