Job: Personal Trainer
Oregon Health & Science University
Portland, Oregon 97239
Job Description and Requirements
Functions/Duties of Position
The Personal Trainer will provide a safe, enriching environment and build relationships with wellness center members. Provides testing and assessment using a variety of protocols. Designs, prescribes, and implements personalized fitness programs, and instructs members on proper exercise techniques.
Provides personal training service by developing exercise prescriptions and programs for members on a one-on-one basis. Prescribes flexibility, cardiovascular, and strength training exercises to assist members in goal achievement. Maintains member information and tracking. Builds a repeat clientele and recruits new clientele.
Take heart rates and blood pressures as needed. Evaluates, corrects, and instructs members on proper exercise techniques. Proactively provides appropriate direction to members performing dangerous or harmful exercises. Maintains a safe and clean environment for members.
Performs health appraisals using approved protocols. Provides facility orientations.
- A bachelor's degree in Exercise Science or related health and wellness field required; AND
- Experience providing strength training, cardiovascular, and flexibility training principles and techniques as well as experience in evaluating medications, contraindications, and risk factors.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong leadership abilities.
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to communicate to members and staff in a courteous, friendly and professional manner.
- Ability to project and promote a healthy image
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, be flexible and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel.
- Certification through a national organization such as ACSM, NSCA, NASM, ACE.
- CPR, AED and First Aid certification.
This position requires a high level of physical activity, including standing for extended periods of time, demonstrating equipment use, and spotting. Ability to lift a minimum of 80 pounds essential.
Oregon Health & Science Univeristy
[posted Jun 11, 2018]
When responding to this opportunity, reference exercisejobs.com.