Personal Trainer - Dye Clay Family YMCA
Dye Clay Family YMCA
Orange Park, Florida 32065
Job Description and Requirements
Works directly with members who seek small group or individual fitness attention to achieve their wellness goals. Assists new members with basic fitness program design and wellness information.
1. Works to improving the health and well-being of the community the YMCA serves.
2. Improves member safety and enjoyment.
3. Generates personal training revenue through cutting edge individual and small-group training sessions.
4. Encourages member interaction.
5. Contributes to the Daxko Engagement % for the branch.
6. Provides hands-on wellness services including orientations, fitness assessments, post- rehabilitation and adaptive wellness.
7. Meets established goal for Fast Forward Fitness appointments.
8. Contributes to the branch member retention rate.
9. Develops small-group interaction through planned and spontaneous programming.
10. Ensures the cleanliness of facilities and equipment.
11. Articulates the Y's mission in order to provide assistance to all and participates in the annual campaign.
12. Acts professionally. Maintains accurate weekly time and attendance records. Adheres to dress code, attendance, and punctuality standards.
13. Completes annual trainings in a timely manner (Redwoods, CPR, First Aid, etc.)
NOTE: This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
YMCA Competencies (Leader):
Values: Accepts and demonstrates the Y's values.
Community: Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs.
Relationships: Builds rapport and relates well to others.
Quality Results: Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Functional Expertise: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology. Professional knowledge of systems and processes.
1. Required certifications: CPR, First Aid, AED
2. Nationally recognized accredited personal training certification from approved YMCA list upon hire.
3. YMCA Healthy Lifestyles certification within 60 days of hire (available through Leadership University).
4. Wellness 101 within 60 days of hire (available through Leadership University).
1. Eyesight (with or without correction).
2. Hearing (with or without correction).
1. Communicate both orally and in writing.
2. Lift up to 50lbs.
Dye Clay Family YMCA
[posted Nov 10, 2017]
When responding to this opportunity, reference exercisejobs.com.