Health Fitness Specialist - Stamford, CT
Take Care Health Systems
Stamford, Connecticut 06907
Job Description and Requirements
As part of Walgreens Health and Wellness division, Take Care Health Systems includes Take Care Consumer Solutions (www.takecarehealth.com), managers of convenient care clinics located at select Walgreens drugstores nationwide, and Take Care Employer Solutions (www.takecareemployersolutions.com), managers of worksite-based health and wellness services. The company combines best practices in healthcare and the expertise and personal care of our trusted community of providers to deliver access to high-quality, affordable and convenient healthcare to all individuals. We operate on-site employee health centers, pharmacies and fitness centers for many of the countrys largest corporations and federal agencies.
We are currently seeking a Health Fitness Specialist for one of our corporate fitness centers in Stamford, CT!
The qualified candidate will work Monday-Friday from 6a-2p or 11a-7p.
Responsibilities also include:
· Provide Best of Class customer service to all Fitness Center members according to TCHS Exercise Leadership and Customer Service Standards
· Provides exercise leadership expertise in the areas of supervised workouts, fitness testing and prescriptions and group exercise instruction according to the latest edition of the American College of Sports Medicine, Exercise Testing and Prescription (fitness testing and exercise prescription), AFAA (for group exercise classes) and TCHS Exercise Leadership, Fitness Floortime Supervision and Customer Service Standards
· Continuous upkeep of in-house facility duties as listed in the TCHS Facility Appearance policy and fitness facility audit plan
· Assist TCHS team and Health Fitness manager in implementation of strategic program and marketing plans
· Assist the Health Fitness manager with monthly reporting statistics, preventative maintenance processes, GEC programming, and ongoing marketing programs.
· Manages staff typically composed of Health Fitness Specialists, Group Exercise Class Instructors, PRNs and interns
· Responsible for following appropriate processes for staff management including staff development and performance management
· Responsible for interviewing, training and ensuring the successful orientation and onboarding of new colleagues
· Ensure compliance to equipment preventative maintenance schedule and immediately report any facility or equipment issues
· Assist in the establishment and on-going coordination of the membership database/adherence program
· Perform other related oversight duties as assigned by the Health Fitness manager.
· Partner with fitness team and related departments to provide optimal performance of the Fitness Center to meet the needs and satisfaction of client
· Address customer issues and ensure effective and long-term problem resolution
· Execute safe and effective fitness services
While working at this employer site, you will have the ability to get to know your clients!
We offer competitive wages and benefit options.
Take Care Health Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer of nice people! M/F/D/V
· Bachelors degree in exercise related field, Masters degree preferred
· Internship experience or > 1 year experience in the corporate health/fitness industry
· Current CPR/First Aid certification is required
· Demonstrated ability to teach group exercise classes and instruction on exercise floor
· Business writing skills
· Thorough understanding of exercise physiology
· Experience in, and ability to perform fitness assessments including:
o Resting and exercise blood pressure and heart rate
o Body composition using skin fold calipers
o Muscular strength and endurance testing
o Sub maximal cycle testing
Job ID: 12-0151
please apply with employer directly online
Take Care Website and Apply for this job directly online or visit www.takecarejobs.com
and enter 12-0151 in the Search Opportunities field.
[posted Feb 21, 2012]
When responding to this opportunity, reference exercisejobs.com.