Job: Gymnastics Team Coach
Gymnastics Team Coach
Batavia, New York 14020
Job Description and Requirements
Under the direction of the Gymnastics Coordinator, provide planning, oversight and leadership for the Y's competitive gymnastics team. Directly supervise program participants to ensure their safety and success.
1. Plans and implements program activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA values.
2. Adheres to program standards including safety and cleanliness standards.
3. Attends staff meetings and trainings.
4. Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
5. Maintains positive relations with parents and other staff. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
6. Plan and lead gymnastics team practice sessions for levels 4 through 8.
7. Ensure that all participants adhere to safety practices
8. Always be on your feet and ready to spot participants
9. Dress in accordance with the YMCA Personnel Policy guidelines.
10. Participate and assist with fundraisers to benefit the gymnastics program.
11. Follow all USAG procedures, guidelines and skill requirements for all levels and meets.
12. Host, plan and organize two competitive meets each year.
13. Coach the team while at meets and travel with the team to meets.
14. Regularly inspect equipment for safety and use. Ensure facility is neat and clean.
15. Provide administrative oversight including participation records, announcements of events, communication with other teams, etc.
16. Ensure gymnastics activities are publicized through the YMCA program guides and branches.
17. Ensure effective parental communications and encourage parental and family involvement as volunteers.
18. Work collaboratively with the Association branch program staff to promote the gymnastics team.
19. Assist with and participate in fund raisers for the gymnastics team and progressive program.
20. Obtain and keep current USAG Club membership.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y's values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person's point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
GLOW YMCA MISSION: To develop the spiritual, mental and physical wellness of all people in an
atmosphere of Christian fellowship.
1. The equivalent of a two year degree and two-five years of gymnastics coaching leadership experience.
2. Successfully complete the YMCA Orientation and Child Abuse Prevention Training within 60 days of employment.
3. CPR, First Aid, AED certifications required.
4. Valid New York State Drivers License.
5. Must be able to demonstrate shills for all progressive level skill sheets up to Level 3.
6. Have coached a Team program (levels 2-10), also knows of the routines would be a plus.
Ability to plan, lead and participate in a range of activities in a variety of outdoor/indoor settings.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities.
[posted Aug 9, 2018]
When responding to this opportunity, reference exercisejobs.com.