Houston, Texas 77077
Job Description and Requirements
Job ID 6380281
Date posted 12/02/2017
SUMMARY: Responsible for developing appropriate measurement tools and protocol for residents. Assess and develop individual fitness programs for resident and staff members; monitor, evaluate, and support progress of each member, maintain fitness equipment, effectively market fitness program for seniors; life guarding residents in aquatic center as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Prescribe flexibility, cardiovascular, and strength training exercises.
2. Perform fitness assessments.
3. Supervise members and attend to their needs in a friendly, polite, courteous, and professional manner.
4. Evaluate, correct, and instruct members on proper exercise techniques.
5. Work individually with special populations within the health club.
6. Take heart rates and blood pressures as needed.
7. Assist with coordination, promotion, and implementation of Fitness programs.
8. Communicate member news and recognition to the Fitness Manager for newsletters, press releases, etc.
9. Assist Fitness Manager in hiring, supervising, and evaluating lifeguards, interns, and volunteers, if applicable.
10. Contributes to the development of the annual budget and to the monthly executive summary.
11. Develop and maintain an effective membership retention program.
12. Assist Fitness Manager in monitoring daily operations and maintenance of pool (including monitoring chemicals) and all aquatics programs, if applicable.
13. Life guard residents in aquatics center as needed.
14. Document follow-up on all maintenance problems.
15. Perform tasks required to keep fitness area safe and clean for members.
16. Schedule appointments, process membership agreements, and perform other administrative duties as assigned.
17. Maintain member information and health club statistics.
18. Build relationships with residents and staff, encouraging them to be more physically active.
19. Develop network within the community and make appropriate referrals to other professional services.
20. Assist where needed in the training of new Fitness Department employees.
21. Coordinate programs with other departments.
22. Maintain community philosophy and vision statement.
23. Willingness to be trained as a lifeguard and/or pool operator, if needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
-A well trained individual who possesses and demonstrates high energy, flexibility, creativity, and good judgment is a must.
-Computer literacy in Windows software programs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
-Associate's Degree in Health Education/Physical Education or related field; Bachelor's Degree in Health Related/Physical Education field with emphasis on Exercise Physiology preferred.
-Minimum of one (1) year related work experience. Experience may be substituted if Bachelor's degree is in a related field.
-Certification through a national organization (ACSM, ACE, SFA) preferred.
-Knowledge of seniors, a plus.
-Knowledge of exercise prescription, medications, contraindications, and risk factors is essential.
-Experience in designing, implementing, and evaluating fitness programs for seniors and/or special populations a plus.
-Must be able to read, write, understand and communicate effectively in the English language.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
-CPR certification and First Aid certification required.
-Lifeguard and/or pool operator certification (varies by State) if performing those duties for the community.
[posted Dec 5, 2017]
When responding to this opportunity, reference exercisejobs.com.