Job: Exercise Specialist II - Cardiopulmonary Rehab
Exercise Specialist II - Cardiopulmonary Rehab
Jacksonville, Florida 32224
Job Description and Requirements
The Cardiopulmonary exercise specialist collaborates with medical and allied health staff in activities,that support the department mission and goals. They also will provide leadership based on the vision,philosophy and core values of Mayo Foundation.
-Coordination of quality monitoring and improvement
-Assessment and development of new programs
-Must provide direction and guidance to the work unit personnel
-Provides analysis of the work process to improve outcomes and services
-Demonstrates understanding of regulatory standards and reporting requirements
-Participates in orienting new employees, interns and visiting employees
-Presents educational sessions to patients regarding health and disease management
-Supervises rehab sessions, monitors oxygen saturation and telemetry during exercise
-Delivers and titrates oxygen to patients in accordance with departmental policy and /or physician orders
-Maintains current knowledge of cardiopulmonary rehabilitation
-Plans and implements an exercise prescription based on individual patient needs
-Functions as part of a multidisciplinary team in delivering and
individualized treatment plan
-Maintains a safe exercise environment
-Performs various diagnostic/evaluative tests
-Functions as an integral part of an emergency response team within the cardiopulmonary rehab unit.
-Responsible for fitness evaluation product
-Responsible for development and maintenance of exercise science internship program
-Represents exercise science profession in departmental research projects
1. MS degree in health /exercise science, exercise physiology, physical therapy, cardiovascular rehabilitation or equivalent.
2. Basic arrhythmia interpretation skills.
3. BLS certified.
4. ACLS certification preferred.
5. ACSM exercise specialist certification preferred.
1. Minimum of 5-7 years experience in exercise science field. 2 years experience in cardiopulmonary rehabilitation preferred.
2. Prefer heart/lung transplant /thoracic surgery experience
This position requires a person with excellent organizational skills in addition to leadership abilities, which emphasize team building and facilitation in the achievement of goals. Functions independently according to established guidelines. Demonstrates good judgment, decision making and problem solving skills. Excellent communication skills required. Willing to preceptor new employees and interns.
MEETS MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. Adheres to Mayo Clinic and departmental policies and procedures.
2. Adheres to Mayo Clinic Business Professional Dress Code.
3. Follows safe work practice.
1. Must have knowledge of cardiopulmonary disease management.
2. Must have knowledge of patient education process.
3. Must have knowledge of basic arrhythmia interpretation.
4. Must have knowledge of fitness evaluation process
1. Must be able to lead patients through exercise sessions.
2. Must be able to assist patients on to stretcher and push wheelchairs up to 300lbs.
3. Must be flexible with work hours to meet program needs.
[posted Oct 9, 2018]
When responding to this opportunity, reference exercisejobs.com.