Featured Hot Job: Exercise Physiologist
Dr. Dean Ornish/Preventive Medicine Research Institute
Sausalito, CA, California 94965
Job Description and Requirements
The Preventive Medicine Research Institute has been conducting clinical research looking at the effects of comprehensive lifestyle changes on heart disease and other chronic conditions for almost 40 years. We have a rare and unique opportunity for an exercise physiologist to join our clinical team working alongside Dr. Dean Ornish in our Sausalito, CA office. We have both part time and full time positions available.
The Exercise Physiologist (EP) is responsible for implementing the Fitness element of
the program, monitoring the response of each participant to the intervention, and to
assure clinical safety. The EP actively participates in the development of the transdisciplinary treatment plan to ensure the quality, safety and clinical effectiveness of the program.
1) Bachelors Degree in Exercise Science or Exercise Physiology
2) Two years of cardiac rehabilitation experience
3) Certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
4) Computer literacy
1) Masters degree preferred
2) Clinical certification in ACSM Certified Clinical Exercise Specialist (CES), ACSM Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist (RCEP), or AACVPR Certified Cardiac Rehabilitation Professional (CCRP) preferred
3) Excellent public speaking skills and knowledge of adult education and coaching principles
4) Excellent interpersonal communication skills with sensitivity to participant needs
5) Desire and willingness to collaborate as a member of a high-functioning transdisciplinary team that supports personal transformation
415-332-2525, ext. 255 [tel]
[posted May 26, 2018]
When responding to this opportunity, reference exercisejobs.com.