Job: Bilingual YMCA Activity Leader - Healthy Weight and Your Child
Bilingual YMCA Activity Leader - Healthy Weight and Your Child
YMCA of Boulder Valley
Lafayette, Colorado 80026
Job Description and Requirements
To facilitate the movement activities for all individuals participating in the Healthy Weight and Your Child program using an evidence-based physical activity curriculum, and promote the general safety of all participants. Activity Leader will help to assist as needed in the content portion of the program.
1. Instructs 1 hour movement portion of the program in accordance with YMCA guidelines, following lesson plans accordingly. Program is designed for youth ages 7 to 13 and their parents or caregivers.
2. Builds effective, authentic relationships with children and adults; has an ability to coach, engage, and connect with the children, while maintaining a positive yet disciplined environment.
3. Creates a motivating environment that is friendly and non-competitive.
4. Prepares lessons before each class (i.e. develops plans for games/activities, review content for class).
5. Provide accessibility to participants both before and after sessions to answer
6. Support and encourage goal setting on a weekly basis.
7. Arrive for class on time and dressed appropriately.
8. Foster healthy living behaviors in a holistic manner
9. Attends staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
10. Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
11. Organizes and puts away needed class equipment. Reports damaged equipment.
12. Assists Content Leader as needed, supports participants in all areas of the program.
1. Certifications: Adult/Child CPR/AED and Basic First Aid certification within 1 month of hire.
2. Experience working with children and exercise science, fitness, or related area is strongly preferred
3. Group facilitation skills, especially with youth and families, and experience working with overweight/obese populations a plus
4. Currently trained to deliver CATCH, SPARK or ABC for Fitness or BOKs, or willingness to attend training SPARK (arranged by YMCA) prior to program launch date. Strong ability to engage those of all ages in physical activity.
5. Must be able to facilitate the HWYC program for the full program cycle. Programs are 25 sessions over 4 months. Program is two hours, twice a week for 10 weeks and then two hours once a week for 5 weeks. Scheduled program dates will be provided. Willingness to work in Boulder, Lafayette or Longmont, a plus.
6. Being fluent in Spanish is a plus
1. Ability to conduct energetic classes and activities for youth and adult participants.
2. Ability to lift equipment, perform all physical aspects of the position; including leading class, walking, standing, bending, reaching, and assisting youth on/off equipment.
1. Maintain a professional demeanor in both appearance and attitude.
2. Perform additional responsibilities and duties upon the request.
YMCA of Boulder Valley
[posted Jul 18, 2018]
When responding to this opportunity, reference exercisejobs.com.