The Importance of an Online Presence to Enhance Your Fitness Business
“Social Media expands our universe. We can connect with others or collect information easier and faster than ever.” – Daniel Goleman, PhD, author of Social Intelligence: The New Science of Human Relationships.
Social Media is not just a trend. People are using social media daily to connect and engage with people on multiple levels. The proper use of social media can build brands and reach one’s desired target audience. In 2017, almost 12 billion dollars was spent on social media advertising in the United States, according to a report by Statista. Here are five reasons on The Importance of an Online Presence to Enhance Your Fitness Business.
1. Establish Yourself as an Expert.“In today’s market I believe it’s all about Social Media presence. You’ve got to be an expert and be able to cross the bridge between multiple venues and also provide content on a multitude of levels. Showcase your opinions and preferences to attract a macro-level/audience and develop a following. Break out of your bubble. Your experience and knowledge are worldwide. Think global,” advises Jeff McMullen, BS, International Fitness Presenter, jefffitnesspro.com,Twitter: @jefffitnesspro.
2. “Free” Advertising. “AirGym has to go where the eyeballs are looking. Instagram, Twitter, Facebook are the CNN, NBC, and FOX News of today’s society and it’s FREE to promote your fitness brand, product, or facility. Those who are good at providing value (not gym discounts) will garner the attention and audiences to be successful,” informs Chris Daskam, BS, Founder of AirGym, Home Gym Advocate, airgym.com, Twitter: @airgyms.
3. Brand-Building: “The importance of an online presence cannot be understated enough. In today’s highly connected world, an online presence helps create a foundation of know, like, and trust factor for your brand. With consistency and valuable content, this leads to stability and growth in people who turn into fans, clients, and ambassadors of your brand organically. Not to mention, increased sales and profitability. I’ve personally seen this result in up to 25x in one year alone!” explains Katrina Julia, MBA, CPA, NASM, NPC, Creator Lifestyle Brand – FIT Life Creation, http://www.fitlifecreation.com, Twitter: @katrinajuliafit.
4. Targeted Marketing with Measured Outcomes. With the use of social media marketing, you can specify the exact demographics and target audience you want to connect with to send your message. After the message is sent, you can analyze the results using tracking tools to see which ads work and which do not. This can result in profitable conversions. In addition, analytics make it easier to modify your message based on the feedback from the analysis. If a specific message doesn’t get noticed, you can change it to attract more people. Or if certain people are not responding to a message, you can target another demographic group.
5. Build Customer Satisfaction. Social media can help you determine what your customers want and need in order to modify your product and services to better suite their desires and satisfaction. The more people “talk” online about your company in a positive light, the more others will become aware of what you have to offer. In addition, you can engage with customers and personalize conversations to build relationships with people and increase brand awareness, retention, and loyalty.
Social media can provide a solid online presence. Start small and choose just 1 or 2 platforms where you post consistently in order to build your following and grow your fitness business.
Learn more about additional social media strategies with these other related articles: