Future Fitness Trends In 2017
You’re either in or you’re out when it comes to fitness. The fitness industry is fast-paced and everyone wants to be on their A-game regarding performance, enhancement, and achievement. The Worldwide Survey of Fitness Trends for 2017 was recently released. Here is the shocking truth about the future fitness trends in 2017.
1. Wearable Technology. It’s all about the numbers and everyone wants to share their stats and data and keep track of what they are doing. Technology allows us to be more accurate in regards to our training and results.
3. High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) is where it’s at for quick, powerful workouts where you don’t necessarily need equipment and you can get effective results in minimal time for the busy person.
4. Minimal Equipment Workouts. You’ll see trends with more workouts using just body weight and minimal equipment. People are looking for simplicity, and they don’t want to buy a ton of stuff. TRX classes will still be popular since they use just one piece of equipment. Get more tips on the effectiveness of body weight exercises.
5. Bust a Move Dance Classes. People are obsessed with many different kinds of dance classes from hip hop to ballroom to jazz and more. Getting your groove on while listening to inspiring music will continue to be an attraction for people wanting a fun workout.
6. Obstacle & Outdoor Workouts. The obstacle courses are still a huge attraction. Events like Tough Mudder, American Ninja Warrior, Spartan Race, and others are here to stay and remain stars. People are also offering Parkour classes to use the outside elements for fitness props. More on finding fitness in the outdoors.
7. Yoga and Meditation. Fitness and health is not just about power and sweat. Yoga has been around for centuries and is meant to improve posture, increase relaxation, and enhance balance. There are some “power” flow yoga styles where one can get a sweaty workout and there are the more stretching/relaxing types of yoga. Whichever one you prefer, it’s here to stay for centuries more.
8. Group Classes. Yep – people still want to go to a class where they have a motivating instructor to push them to their limits.
9. Educated Fitness Professionals. Many people are looking for credentialed trainers and fitness professionals. Finding a certified health and fitness instructor is important. Continue to get those accredited certifications and maintain the credentials. Here is an article on Specialty Certifications for Fitness Professionals.
10. Healthy Lifestyle. The Babyboomers are retiring and have a lot of expendable income. People want to live longer by staying active. Working out is not just a casual fad, it’s a lifestyle and people are being more and more active on a daily basis to stay mobile, energized, balanced, and fit.
Get ready for the brand new year of 2017. Whatever workout or trend you decide to do, make sure to keep it up, stay consistent, and have fun. Cheers to 2017! – Sarah