How to Make a Profit in Your Fitness Business
You are doing what you love to do – fitness – and you have many business ideas. No matter what area of fitness & health you are in or embark on, you need to have a clear idea of how your passion will make you money. Turning your passion into a sustainable career is important. This article will help you learn how to make a profit in your fitness business with the help of using a Profit Plan.
A profit plan is a clear list of actions and items that will bring in a set amount of income each week, month, and year.
To make your profit plan, first determine what specific offerings you will provide to your business. Do you coach/train private clients one-on-one? Do you work at a gym at an hourly rate? Do you teach weekly fitness classes with a minimum number of attendees? You can choose multiple venues for the profit plan. However, make sure you will have time to do all the offerings you plan to do.
Once you know what you want to do with your career, next determine how much you will charge for each offering. For example, if you want to train private clients, how much will you charge per session? Will you be charging by individual sessions or through packages? How many new clients do you need each week or month to reach your profit goals?
Finally, set realistic expectations within your plan to specifically define your revenue.
Profit Plan Sample:
- Training private clients and charging $400 per package including four 1-hour sessions at $100 per hour. Five clients each week will make $2,000 per month.
- Be realistic in determining how many private clients you can train a week and how many new clients you can get in one month.
- Teaching group fitness classes two times a week for 1-hour classes and getting $100 for each class. Total monthly income is $800.
- Working in the office at a gym for 15 hours weekly and getting paid $20/hour. Total monthly income is $1,200 per month.
- Add up all three job offerings results in a total monthly income of $4,000.
Understanding where your time and energy is spent and how it reflects on your overall income is very useful. Use this profit plan to see how you can optimize your schedule and job endeavors to do the things you love while making a satisfying living. A strong profit plan will turn your passions into a successful business while still making a positive impact in the world.
For additional related articles, check out: