Welcome 2018! As you begin to set your 2018 fitness business goals, make sure to know what the upcoming hot trends will be for this year. These future fitness and exercise career trends of 2018 can help you determine what your business goals should be. – Sarah
1. Recovery: Exercise is important and so is recovery. Infrared saunas to detoxify and heal the body are getting more and more recognition. People also use these saunas for stress relief, weight loss, and to boost the immune system. Some form of recovery for your clients may be something to include in your gym or program.
2. Mental Wellness: People are taking note of the importance of mental health in addition to physical health. More people are doing meditation-type fitness activities such as yoga and tai chi. People are also focusing more on breathing for health and relaxation.
3. Live-Streaming Fitness Classes: People are using more videos online to work out in their own home or office. In order to connect with people all over the nation at any time, you can do a live-streaming class to they can work out with you anywhere.
4. Group Classes: Group classes are here to stay. They are not going anywhere. People still want that community feeling. Classes such as HIIT, cycling, yoga, and more are continuing to trend.
5. Technology: Is there an app for that? People are continuing to track activity, fitness levels, food, and more. Staying on top of which apps to use is imperative to working with your clients any time of day or night.
6. Family Fitness: Workout classes with you and your kids? Yes indeed. Family fitness is gaining momentum so everyone can enjoy without having to find childcare or juggle schedules.
7. Older Adult Fitness Programs: The Baby Boomers are aging and staying active. They are looking for more classes, trainers, and fitness options to participate in that fit with their needs and ailments.
8. Credentials and Expertise: Having credentials to back up your fitness knowledge is important for people to make sure there is education behind the practice.
9. Strength Training: Any form of resistance/strength training is a desired fitness trend. People want to maintain their lean muscle mass and feel strong and empowered.
10. Wearable Fitness Clothes: People are wearing fitness clothing both inside and outside of the gym. Put your branding on a cool legging, shirt, jacket, or sweater that is both wearable during and before or after the workout.
For additional related articles, check out: