5 Steps To Revamp Your Fitness Business To A Customized Boutique Experience
A boutique experience means your clients get specialized and customized services where they may be willing to pay more, too. For example, popular boutique fitness centers can charge $30+ for one class. Generally, the classes are specialized to cater to a specific clientele. The classes may be smaller and more intimate and set in an energetic environment that promotes a social atmosphere. Boutique gyms are usually attractive and offer upscale amenities. They are motivating, fun, and full of camaraderie. Whether you work in a huge health club or a small gym, providing your clients with a boutique feel can enhance retaining your existing members while also attracting new members. Here are 5 steps to revamp your business to a customized boutique experience.
1. Train Your Staff. Your staff is the first point of contact with your clients. Make sure the staff knows peoples’ names. Staff should introduce themselves and let the clients know they are here for them. For new clients, the staff should offer a tour of the facility so the clients know where things are located such as the lockers rooms, water fountains, etc. During this brief tour, the staff can also promote special classes or exciting amenities offered by the gym.
2. Offer Amenities. Simple amenities can make a world of difference. For example, offer shampoo and soap in the showers. Offer air freshener in the bathrooms. Offer hair dryers and full-length mirrors in the locker rooms. These tiny additions are not very costly. And, they provide clients with that little extra touch of class and finesse.
3. Specialty Classes. Boutique gyms offer specialty niche classes. Think about offering one or two different types of classes that your existing clientele are interested in. Send out a survey to find out what attracts your clients. Suggest options of classes that are not currently in your surrounding area to provide more motivation to go to your gym.
4. Get Social. Social media is crucial in building a rapport and relationship with people. Hire a social media manager or assign one of your existing staff members to be in charge of posting daily. Pick one or two platforms to start. Here are more tips on How you can use social media to enhance your business.
5. Build a Community. People want to feel as though they are a part of a community. Set up events to encourage people to come and possibly make friends with other clients. For more ideas on community building events, check out Tips to give your gym a boutique makeover & increase client satisfaction.