5 Fitness Careers To Enhance Your Income
An abundance of job opportunities are available in the fitness industry. In the past, many people just went the personal trainer route. This route is still a great option. And you can expand your knowledge, expertise, and education to add on to the personal trainer gig. Here are 5 fitness careers to enhance your income.
1. Wellness Coaching. Wellness Coaching incorporates various counseling techniques to further help clients reach their goals by finding internal motivational factors. Personal trainers who are also trained as wellness coaches have that extra niche and skills to get their clients to make their goals become a reality. For more information on Wellness Coaching, click HERE.
2. Group Fitness Instructors. People love working in community environments. Many people get extra motivation when attending classes. By getting trained as a group fitness instructor, you have more opportunity to work with more people in one setting and increase your income. You can specialize in various activities such as Crossfit, Yoga, Pilates, Kickboxing, Aerobics, Dance, and more.
3. Sports Medicine. This career path will require advanced degrees, however, having the background and training in sports medicine can enhance your expertise and increase your income. In addition, you can better help your clients who may have injuries or special needs.
4. Sports Management. A business savvy sense is important to have in order to establish a solid business model, have a working marketing plan, and manage potential employees. You can always set up your own company and focus more on the business side of fitness.
5. Weight Management Specialist. Fitness and weight management go hand in hand. By having knowledge on how to help people lose or gain weight through diet, too, you can expand your services and expertise.
Your fitness career path is wide open with an abundance of career opportunities. Remember to enjoy every moment of it and always continue to educate and grow.
For additional articles regarding Fitness Careers, check out:
Sarah Koszyk is the founder of Family. Food. Fiesta. A family-based wellness program and recipe blog where she also conducts cooking videos with kids and provides families with healthy living tips. She is a Registered Dietitian and Nutrition Coach where she specializes in sports nutrition and adult and pediatric weight management. Connect with her on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, or LinkedIn. Sarah is also in charge of hiring employees and contractors.