5 Features Your Website Needs To Grow Your Fitness Business
Your website is the face of your company. When people are searching or googling your industry, your website will be the first tool they see that represents you. Having a good-looking website is important, yet, it is not enough. You also want to have a functional website that will attract people to your products and/or services. Here are 5 features your website needs to grow your business.
- Mobile Friendly Site: As of January 2014, 58% of American adults used their smartphones daily when accessing websites, buying products, reading blogs, and more. With that high number of users, make sure your website looks good and is compatible on all types of smartphones since this could possibly be the first impression people get when visiting your website.
- Clear Contact Information: When people land on your home page, how can they find you? Make it easy for them to communicate further. Provide a menu tab that states “Contact” or “Connect with Me” so people can follow-up regarding your products and/or services.
- Easy Navigation: People spend about 15 seconds on your website according to Tony Haile of Chartbeat. Therefore, you want a site that is easy and intuitive to navigate. If people do not know where to go or what you offer, you will lose that potential client. Make sure your menu bar and home page are set to easily capture the attention of the visitor and allow them to find your features, services, and products.
- Fresh Content: Stagnant, outdated information is boring. You want to attract return visitors to your website. In order to get this, you need to keep your website fresh and updated. Promote a new deal you are offering. Have a blog (even if you only post something new once or twice a month) that provides new tips, sales, or deals. Make sure the information is relevant to what you stand for and your goals.
- Build Your List: Use your website to collect email addresses in order to build your mailing list. Insert an opt-in with a freebie or giveaway that attracts people to give you their email address. See what websites you like to visit that have opt-ins and how they capture their customer’s email addresses. The more people on your mailing list, the more likelihood that people will sign up for new programs or products when you promote them via your newsletter.
***socialtriggers.com is a good website to get more information about opt-ins.
You can have the most amazing product and service around, but if people don’t know about it or can’t find you, you’ll be lost in the crowd. A website is an ongoing process continually changing and evolving. Grow with your website and your business will grow, too. Remember: you don’t have to do everything by yourself. Hiring a web designer can be one of the best investments you make to enhance your business and stay ahead of the others.