12 Effective Ways To Promote Your Event Or Workshop
You’ve planned, prepped, and organized your seminar or workshop. You are now ready to market and promote it. The right campaign will increase your visibility and provide you with a greater chance of attracting the people you want to attend. Use these 12 effective tips to successfully promote your event and draw your target audience.
- 1. Set up a free event page on your website and other websites such as EventBrite to have an easy area for people to register and pay for the event. Make sure to include an event description so people can see how the information will benefit them. This is also a good way to collect email addresses for future promotions.
- 2. Create an event flyer including a captivating title and subtitle. Provide a brief synopsis of the event and include three to five bullet points of benefits people will get by attending the event. Tell them how you will solve their problems so they are captivated to attend. The last part of the flyer should include contact and registration information.
- 3. Include social share buttons in your online flyers, website, and online newsletters so people can easily share your event via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and more.
- 4. Send out a newsletter to your email list promoting the event.
- 5. When speaking at other local events or group meetings, mention your workshop or seminar at the end of the speech. Inform people how they can sign up and attend.
- 6. Contact affiliate organizations or groups that you have relationships with who cater to your target audience. Ask that group, business, or organization to promote your event in their next newsletter or see if they can place a flyer in their business for their customers to see.
- 7. Visit local community or shopping areas where your target audience frequents and see if there is a bulletin board or counter spot where you can leave your flyer. Also offer to cross promote or partner up with that community location or business in order to exchange services for more exposure.
- 8. Use LinkedIn to invite people to the event within the groups you are a member of. You can use the “promotions” tab when setting this up.
- 9. Invite all the people you are already connected with on LinkedIn to the event so it comes up in their notification feed.
- 10. Set up a series of tweets on Twitter to consistently promote the event. Make sure the tweet has a registration link and a special hashtag to brand your event. Encourage your followers to RT (retweet).
- 11. Organize a Facebook contest where you post your event and offer a free or discounted ticket to the event if people share your post. If offering a free ticket, you can state that only one lucky winner will receive the prize. Make sure to also include a registration link on the post.
- 12. Ask friends and family to share your event with their network. Even though this may not be your target audience, you can still attract new clients.
Now that you have 12 effective ways to market your event, make a calendar of when you are going to implement these tips. Stay organized and efficient so you can maximize your promotional efforts. What is first on your calendar?