10 Tips To Increase Your Confidence As A Fitness Professional
Confidence is important to have in every profession. Especially in the fitness industry, where professionals are in front of a crowd or the center of attention, having self-confidence is imperative towards inspiring others to reach their health and wellness goals. The more confidence you have, the better performance, advice, and guidance you will offer to enhance your client’s experience.
Here are 10 tips to increase your confidence as a fitness professional.
1. Believe in Your Self. Self-belief is very important at building confidence. When you think you can do something, you take your first step towards accomplishing your goal.
“With confidence, you have won before you have started”- Marcus Garvey.
2. Focus on Your Strengths. Know your strengths and hone in on them. Use your tops traits to your advantage and let those shine through. When you excel in certain areas, you can build your confidence.
3. Remember Your Passion. Your passion is what brought you to your job. Focus on your love of the industry. When you are excited about something, you inspire and ignite others to join your mission and they get excited, too.
4. Practice Makes Perfect. The more you do something, the more confident you will become. As time goes on, repetition helps increase your comfort level. You can find the routine and flow that works best with your practice.
“Confidence comes from discipline and training”- Robert Kiyosaki.
5. Stay Educated. The more you know, the more you grow. When you have a strong knowledge of the topic you are teaching, you can build confidence in how you administer the class, lesson, or practice.
6. Fake It Until You Make It. When a person appears confident, other people think that person is confident. Even if you may be just starting out in the industry, as long as you exude a level of knowledge and confidence to your audience, they will believe in you.
7. Remember You Can’t Please Everyone. There will always be the people who are just not happy with anything. Remember to always show up and do your best. You cannot control how others react to you. Some people may have a negative reaction no matter what. When you let these people’s negative attitudes go, you will realize you can gain more confidence in your practice and teachings.
“The best way to counter-attack a hater is to make it blatantly obvious that their attack had no impact on you”- Timothy Ferriss.
8. Surround Yourself With Positive People. Having friends, colleagues, and family members who do their best to lift you up and help you feel good about yourself will increase your confidence. The people you surround yourself with are a reflection of who you are. The more confident your fellow colleagues are, the more you will emulate their persona, too.
9. Remember: No One Is Perfect. Everyone makes mistakes. Remember to learn and grow from your mistakes. The more you can embrace imperfections, the better you will learn how to change and modify them which will increase your confidence and growth.
“Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them”- Bruce Lee.
10. Keep Going. We all have bad days that can tear us down and get under our skin. Go home, vent to a friend or partner, exercise, or sleep. Let the tough times go and remember that the next day is a new day. Time to start fresh and go out and show the world what you are made of.
“The most beautiful thing you can wear is confidence”- Blake Lively.
Remember to wear your confidence well. It shines through and can change your future for the better.