Fitness Career Spotlight on Shellie Edington, Tumblin4Kids Mobile Gym
By SARAH KOSZYK, MA, RD on JULY 24, 2014
Motivating and inspiring kids is Shellie Edington’s passion. She found her dream job when she started her own company, Tumblin4kids, where she brings fitness to the youth through nationwide mobile gyms. – Sarah
What attracted you to the field of fitness and exercise?
Benefits: physical, emotional, mental & social
Your Job Title and Company:
Founder, President and Head instructor, Tumblin4Kids LLC
Other Social Media links you would like to include:
– Facebook –https://m.facebook.com/Tumblin4Kids?_rdr
– Instagram – #tumblin4kids
A typical (or not so typical) day in the work-life for you:
Teach in morning
Get my workout in afternoon
I set my own weekly sessions so I am able to schedule in downtime to perform administrative duties as well as rest a bit. I love having control over my schedule and flexibility in my life.
How did you get your current job in fitness and exercise?
I saw a need for physical fitness education in young children and designed a program to fit that need which bring the gym to where the children are.
What skills were you born with and what skills have you learned along the way?
– Stubborn determination and a desire to help others.
– I have learned that I cannot help everyone but I can help quite a few & make a living doing it.
What advice do you have for others wanting to be just as successful and fulfilled as you?
– Believe in yourself and set up a support system of people who want to see & help you succeed. It will not be easy but keep pushing and pushing.
– If you love working children ages 2-12 I would love for you to check out my affiliate program. I train business owners to do what I do.
If you could be paid for your job with something other than a paycheck, what would it be?
Grass fed beef, free range organic eggs, organic GMO free veggies, fruit & coffee.