Fitness Career Spotlight on Chris Daskam – Founder of AirGym
By SARAH KOSZYK, MA, RD on JULY 1, 2018
Meet Chris Daskam, Founder of AirGym, go-getter, hard-worker, innovator, and creator. He created his dream job by starting his own company. It takes determination and perseverance to run a business and he shares his tips with ExerciseJobs. – Sarah
What attracted you to the field of fitness and exercise?
I’ve always been involved in sports growing up and I had awesome parents who worked out at home so I had early influences. I want to give people options to be fit and healthy, anywhere.
Your Job Title:
Founder & CEO
Company you are with now:
Elements Behavioral Health
– Facebook: @airgyms
A typical (or not so typical) day in the work-life for you:
– Workout at 630am till 730am
– I get to work around 8am and help client get into treatment for addictions and mental health issues. While I’m helping them, I’m working on AirGym through networking, email replies, setting appointments, social media, etc.
– Work on AirGym till 12:30am every night.
What skills were you born with and what skills have you learned along the way?
Type A personality was born with. I’ve learned to be patient and humble.
What advice do you have for others wanting to be just as successful and fulfilled as you?
– Get your mindset right.
– Work on you mentally and physically and don’t let anyone put you down.
– Drop those loser friends and negative influences, even if it’s your Mom! Be nice to everyone.
If you could be paid for your job with something other than a paycheck, what would it be?
Sushi. Smiles. Hugs. Results from clients who are getting benefits from working out with an AirGym.