Registered Dietician - Work from home
National Institute for Fitness and Sport
Most U.S. States
|Job Description and Requirements|
The full time Health YOUniversity Registered Dietician Coach provides health/nutrition coaching to program members via email and/or telephone on basic nutrition and assists the Health YOUniversity team with other wellness related programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Assesses health status of members, ranging from apparently healthy to high risk, to provide nutrition and other wellness-related counsel/recommendations unique to each individual
• Health Forms: Evaluates health forms in accordance with ACSM guidelines; uses professional judgment to accurately process each application
• Nutrition Coaching: Evaluates and combines member goals, health history, physician recommendations, ADA guidelines, and other relevant information to create effective nutrition plans; researches unknown conditions, goals, or other relevant information as needed
• Establishes an ongoing positive and professional rapport with program members and other staff
• Designs inviting, creative and sound programs, including but not limited to incentive programs and wellness presentations; monitors program from initiation through completion; tracks participation, solicits feedback, and builds on past success to improve efforts
• Participates in all aspects of Health YOUniversity membership including but not limited to evaluating health forms, tracking members, and conducting membership renewals
• Writes clearly and informatively, varies writing style to meet audience needs
• Demonstrates work ethic, ingenuity, customer care, and attention to detail
• Maintains familiarity with and abides by the policies stated in both the NIFS Employee Handbook as well as the CFM Operations Manual
• Performs other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Technical Skills – Adequately performs Essential Duties noted above, pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others; exercises independent judgment with respect to health coaching (exercise prescriptions, fitness assessments, etc); displays original thinking and creativity; develops innovative approaches and ideas
• Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; refers difficult or emotional customer service situations to the Assistant Manager or
Manager; meets commitments and responsibilities to both internal and external customers
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance
• Teamwork - Volunteers readily; balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; contributes positively in meetings
• Organizational Support - Follows NIFS policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; benefits organization through outside activities; supports NIFS policies related to equal opportunity; respects workplace diversity; responds to management direction
Education and/or Experience
• Must be a Registered Dietician to apply for this position.
• Bachelor's degree in a nutrition related field from four-year college/university
• Background and/or experience in Nutrition coaching/counseling preferred
• Knowledge of Internet Explorer or other platforms for responsible use of the Web as a resource.
• Knowledge of and demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, and Power Point and Publisher.
• Other industry-related certifications (RD, RN, CPT, CSCS, etc) acknowledged
• CPR and First Aid
• Trained in Universal Precautions annually (provided by NIFS)
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as NIFS or client rules/policies, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
• Ability to speak and write accurately and effectively in English
• Will be required to submit to and successfully pass a thorough background check and/or drug screen and must pass both to be considered for employment.
• Must provide their own computer, phone and any other hardware needed to fulfill job requirements.
(303) 416-8958 [fax]
[posted Jun 7, 2012]
When responding to this opportunity reference www.exercisejobs.com